A couple weeks ago, I realized that I was in charge of preschool snacks the week before Easter. I immediately went to Pinterest and searched for “healthy Easter treats“. When I saw the many ideas for turning Annie’s bunnies into carrots, I knew that was what I wanted to do, especially because Annie’s cheddar bunnies are now available in 100% certified organic. Yay!
A quick trip to the craft store and the girls and I were crafting away. Whether you are looking for an easy Easter basket idea, school snack, party favor, or just a fun spring project, I highly recommend giving these a try!
Healthy Easter Treats — Bunnies and Carrots!!!
Supplies (for 12 carrots):
Instructions (15 minutes, all active):
1. Place a scant 1/2 cup (1 serving) of Annie’s organic cheddar bunnies into each of the 12 piping bags.
2. Trim piping bags to leave about 1 1/2 inches at the top, an arch is the most aesthetically (If using the Wilton brand, cut right below the purple stamp.)
3. Cut craft paper into 1/2 cm strips, about 6 inches each.
4. For each carrot top, fold 5 paper strips in half and secure with stapler.
5. Cut ribbon into 1 foot pieces. Securely tie bows to close bags. If desired, trim ribbons.
6. Serve and enjoy!!!
What are your favorite healthy(er) or non-food Easter treats?